Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's The Simple Things

Okay, so I didn't get the chance to finish up favors for my son's birthday party. He decided Thursday night that he wanted a Pokemon birthday and although I do have Faux Pokemon graphics, I just couldn't get into the designing of it. Well, I told him and he said that it was okay because I send great things to his school all year long. He then asked could he have cupcakes and ice cream and wouldn't you know that Sam's had Pokemon Cupcakes. The bakery lady took them and put Happy Birthday rings in each one and I picked up some Blue Bell ice cream cups. There are only 9 students, including him, in his 4th grade class, 7 in 2nd Grade (my second son's grade) and 5 in 3rd Grade, so I invited them all to come over to his classroom for cupcakes and ice cream. I then popped in his favorite movie, The Grinch (the one with Jim Carrey) and they had a blast.

I go all out planning parties for other people and seem to have "planners block" when it comes to my own children, but my son reminded me yesterday that it's the simple things that matter the most.

No comments: